weather station is unfair

Inscrivez-vous ou connectez-vous pour poster des messages !

Page : 1 
Auteur Message
hendy4 # Posté Le 12/12/2013 à 22h33:08 Citer
Team: hendy4
Ranking: 423

Hi Barbatos,
I know this season with the new structure and tyres for many is a testing season but i have found an unfair advantage with the weather staion.
The players above me are in teams of many players and can receive information of the weather in many group for the first 6 to 8 races resulting in them not purchasing the weather station and saving around 2 million which they are using to build engine and reducing reaction time. Once they are in group zero it only needs 1 player to have leveled up the weather station to give the information to there team mates.
It is impossible for me to be world champion again because i will always be 1.5 to 2 seconds slower from race 6 to 8 until the end of the this season.
I think it needs to be improved so all players play this game on an even level

joel1 # Posté Le 12/12/2013 à 23h30:36 Citer
Team: joel1
Ranking: 257

It's not exactly how it work Hendy and you know that.
In fact, for some players (as me), the first 6 or 8 races are not very important for the points you can gain in the races and that's the reason to not search the weather station for the 6 or 8 first races.
If some time we have the weather (I speak for me), it only serve to make point a little earlier than usual.
But in fact, this year, I was to high in points after the first 8 races and then I didn't score a lot.
Now I'm ready for the G0 and this advantage wasn't an advantage (to me), but maybe a disadvantage.
I'm very low too comparate to some player and I don't know why.
I have too search this.
Maybe some player researched wether station later more ...

I'm not sure to be hapy with this rule with the weather station.
Modifié Le 12/12/2013 à 23h33:30 par joel1

hendy4 # Posté Le 12/12/2013 à 23h46:17 Citer

Hi Joel,
The only way i can be 2 seconds adrift in qualifying is down to him not buying the weather station and building engine or reducing reaction time. I find it strange otherwise for me the current champion to be so far behind,
They can be no other explantion in my opinion, you know as well as me Joel once you fall 1 second off the pace your season is over lol, but i will see how the season goes.

joel1 # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 00h58:36 Citer

Maybe you're right, there is a problem with the weather station, the rules doesn't work.
Maybe some player have used a security flaw.
Exactly has I have said during the testing before this season.
We have to see that.
Maybe Toleman (other tester before the season begins) can say more about this.
Modifié Le 13/12/2013 à 01h00:44 par joel1

joel1 # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 02h00:03 Citer

What about if a player didn't do the weather station during the first 8 races, he has a finance penalty for each race ?

hendy # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 09h41:03 Citer
Team: hendy
Ranking: 143

Personally it would be better if everyone was racing from the first race GO GO GO and develop the wind tunnel structure to make your car fast throughout the seasons races. I would like to develop the car rather than the weather station.
Dont get me wrong i like the weather change within the game dodging a few puddles now and then smile but i just want an even playing field for everyone.

-K3- Nano67 # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 12h48:33 Citer

Team: Nano67
Ranking: 290

Hendy complaining about something unfair

spidriv17 # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 13h21:29 Citer

Team: spidriv17
Ranking: 207

I am against the notice to remove the structure weather

First see those who are in a clan :
They can indeed be briefed on the weather but they will not always be in the same group as a member of their clan so it is not 100% sure that it is possible for them to hold out long without developing weather structure .

Now see those without clan :
Impossible without developing weather structure , they have a chance of getting the right tire choice every time.
You would think they are obliged to develop the weather structure at the beginning but not necessarily because some players prefer to develop the structures for 3 or 4 races without taking departures and start racing once development is therefore necessary in this case their accurate, it may be interesting to not develop that structure when the weather really will start the season.

So my opinion on the matter is that the weather structure offers more possibilities strategies it seems and that is why I am in favor of it remains.

joel1 # Posté Le 13/12/2013 à 21h55:47 Citer

I think the weather station reduce the possiibilité of strategy.
It's not about 2 or 3 races, but 6, 8, 10, why not 14 races without the weather station.
And the money is not the cost of the weather station but the money you receive from the financial structure.
So at the end, where do we go ?
Everyone does only figth for the 4 or 5 races left ?
All the player which want to win must have a ending strategy ? (develop the car to be the best only at the end of the championship).
And in the other hand we have a lot (more and more) races without knowing the weather, a blind races ?
I think the idea was good but there are perverse effect which reduce this good idea in a bad idea.

hendy4 # Posté Le 14/12/2013 à 12h16:26 Citer

I think the weather station should be free with more variables with tyres and i think bringing the wind tunnel into play would be good for the drivers championship.

Next season i will still run 3 drivers and just buy the weather structure for 1 driver so i get the information for my other 2 drivers + my team mate. Therefore with the extra 2 million saved not buying the weather station i can improve engine or reaction time and go for the title. Thats based on my drivers all being in GROUP O......if you carefully read and understand what i have written you will see thats its unfair strategy

I think some of you have missed my point apart from Joel

321team Red FIA2 # Posté Le 15/12/2013 à 10h38:23 Citer
Team: Red FIA MP4-4
Ranking: 111

Hi Hendy,

I see what you mean, but you are wrong about my 2nd driver. He has leveled up his own weather station.
It's ironic, this is my first season with two drivers and he was created to race against the 10, 5+5 3 Hendy's drivers. Not to be a "2nd driver" and to help my "old driver" ( he was registed before the end of S13 ).

But I agree with you and Joel, there's something wrong if we have to race without weather datas at the beginning of the season while we level up the other important structures. ( I made some poles and finished 30mn after the race winner rire )

crackin foxy # Posté Le 20/12/2013 à 15h57:25 Citer
Team: crackin foxy
Ranking: 386

The first problem I've seen it is that once we've all leveled it up, the weather station becomes redundant. In my opinion it was an unfair waste of money for me with only one driver and no clan to speak of, and certainly represented an unfair advantage to the large clans, as not all of their drivers have to spend on it. I generally like the concept, but competing against someone who did not have this expense and therefore can spend more on aero or other development is unfair.

hendy4 # Posté Le 30/12/2013 à 23h56:33 Citer

The Hendy Clan is shafted again due to not testing of rain tyres resulting in guessing.....big clans yet again will have benefit from team members giving info from lower group on how many laps rain tyres will do for the strategy....now please tell me if thats fair racing ?????? probably my last season in FW.....please make it fair for everyone and not just the french clans

321team Red FIA # Posté Le 06/01/2014 à 14h45:34 Citer
Team: Red FIA
Ranking: 250

The season is ending and I still don't know how many laps rain tyres can do.
I only guess it's less than 15 laps, so with 3 or 4 racks for wet races there's only one strategy : X laps / 4 ( wet ) or X laps / 3 ( full wet )
Barbatos was told about this "none strategy" due to the 10s between the two kinds of rain tyres. I don't know what's is expected for the next season.
Hope to see you on track clin

Barbatos # Posté Le 08/01/2014 à 08h40:58 Citer
Admin

Twitter: @Barbatos__
Team: Barbie
Ranking: 721

The weather station will be removed for the next season. It was a test this season and it didn't add any significant "good" gameplay change. I'll add one more set of extra rain tires as well.
Modifié Le 08/01/2014 à 08h41:34 par Barbatos

Page : 1 

Inscrivez-vous ou connectez-vous pour poster des messages !